Caring for what we love in the face of Environmental threats
During the autumn we held two open conversations when invited speakers reflected on issues raised by some of the Loving Earth panels. These are now available online.
The November 3rd conversation, featured international speakers, and was held during the first week of the COP 26 talks. Speakers were Wopicho Apollo, from Uganda, Ed Tyler from Glasgow and Beverley Ward from Florida . More details of speakers are at on our events page.
The September 24th conversation featured Alistair McIntosh , Zarina Ahmed , Gillian McFarland, and Jon Slowe, all based in around Glasgow, together with Lindsey Fielder Cook from the Quaker United Nations Office. More details of the speakers are on the events page of our website.
Both events were hosted by Glasgow Quakers and introduced by Rici Marshall Cross, from the Loving Earth Project’s Steering Group.
Curiosity, Creativity and the Climate.
A recording of this Zoom conversation hosted by Christian Aid Scotland, on September 23rd 2021 , is now available here. Speakers exploring how creativity can inspire us to change the world were :
- ID Campbell, UNESCO artist
- David Coleman, Chaplain for Eco-Congregations Scotland
- Dr Anna Fisk, climate activist, theologian and knitter
- Rev Kathy Galloway, poet and hymn writer
- Linda Murgatroyd, Quaker Arts Network and Loving Earth Project co-ordinator
- Seonaid Knox, Prophetic Activist for Christian Aid, will guide our creative and curious conversations.