There are different ways for groups to of engage with the Loving Earth project. You are welcome to develop your own workshops, to suit your youth group, craft group, club, friends, spiritual community etc. and we are currently developing workshop materials and seeking volunteer facilitators who could respond to requests. (Please get in touch if you’d like to be involved in this.)
Workshops could include :
- a short (about 40 minutes) workshop suitable for all ages just using paper and coloured pencils/crayons
- a half-day workshop with guided meditation and drawing, followed either by starting on textile panels (to be completed at another workshop or at home) or discussion and further activities.
- a one-day workshop building on this, but with more time to complete a textile panel, for creative writing, personal research, prayerful reflection/meditation and/or discussion .
- A weekend retreat, developing the above still further.
- lesson plans for different ages, either a single lesson or a project for several weeks. These could focus on the science, art and crafts, geography and/or other elements.
You may want to plan your own workshop, but please get in touch if you’d like help in doing so. We plan to develop a range of workshop materials which we will post here in due course. If you’d like to offer help with this, again do get in touch.
You may also like to put on a local display of your panels and writing before sending them to join the travelling exhibition. This could either just be your local work, or you might like to display the travelling exhibition .